Sunday 19 February 2012

Putting myself out there....

Twitter is a social networking tool, so I thought that I had better be social about it... I had originally planned to join Twitter for the connections, to just follow others and be inspired or directed. This part has been good. I have found different blogs to follow, and interesting articles and resources. However, much learning takes place in conversation and discussion, so I figure that I should start tweeting. I can also think of it as an accountability thing for me at this point: making sure that I have something half-way interesting to tweet about related to educational technology. This seems to be much like the system Lenora put in place to encourage her principal to keep up with her new blog.

I added a Twitter widget to my blog as another way to show that I am on Twitter. My next step is to learn how to tweet, tweet using hashtags, retweet and respond to tweets using RT. I plan on practicing with my classmates who I looked up on our professor's Twitter account, who I am now following.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! :) I only joined Twitter in January and am still trying to figure it all out - especially the retweet. There is a "retweet" button but when I have done any reading on retweets it says to begin with "RT @______" and then copy and paste the tweet - which is not what happens when you push "retweet." Let the learning continue.

    Oh, and my principal didn't post anything this weekend like she was supposed to so she is going to get a finger wagging in the morning, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lenora! I have so many ideas swirling around in my head for these different projects and I am becoming easily distracted. I wondered about that retweet button...

      Delete